As the Practice Development Consultant of the Arizona/Utah office(s) of Waddell & Reed, Dane Kelly works closely with Travis Johanson, the Complex Manager, to develop a team of financial advisors.
As a delegate of the Complex Manager, some of his day-to-day activities include:
- Selection and licensing of financial advisors to one of two Waddell & Reed platforms
- Coaching financial advisors as they seek to build efficient, unique and growing practices.
- Removing roadblocks that impede financial advisor success.
- Executing frontline supervision, identifying and addressing supervisory issues as needed.
- Guiding financial advisors in developing succession strategies as they plan for their own retirement.
- Encouraging financial advisors to maintain a balanced approach to business and personal goals.
Dane Kelly was born and raised in Arkansas City, Kansas. In college, he played basketball for two years at Cowley County Community College before finishing up at Emporia State, a division II University. He graduated with a degree in Business Administration before later getting a Master’s Degree in Sports Administration from Central Missouri University. After school, he went into the coaching profession for five years. He made the career change in 2014 into the advisory business and has loved every minute of it. He has been with Waddell & Reed since April of 2015 and currently is an advocate to the development of the advisors. He and his significant other of four years, and now fiancé Danika Maggard have just moved to Arizona from Kansas. Outside of work, Dane and Danika love to be outdoors and active as much as possible while cheering on their Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas Jayhawks. Dane also loves to golf whenever possible.
Waddell & Reed is not affiliated with any other entities referenced herein. 08/18