As the Branch Manager in Utah, Kevin Christensen works closely with Travis Johanson, the Complex Manager, to develop a team of financial advisors. As a delegate of the Complex, some of his day-to-day activities include:
- Recruiting, selection and licensing of financial advisors to one of two Waddell & Reed platforms.
- Coaching financial advisors as they seek to build efficient, unique and growing practices.
- Removing roadblocks that impede financial advisor success.
- Executing frontline supervision, identifying and addressing supervisory issues as needed.
- Guiding financial advisors in developing succession strategies as they plan for their own retirement.
- Encouraging financial advisors to maintain a balanced approach to business and personal goals.
In this role, Kevin leads a team providing all aspects of financial planning, including financial goal development, asset management and risk management. Kevin grew up in Utah, but spent some time in Louisiana and Wyoming. He then pursued a degree in communications from the University of Utah. Kevin has been actively involved with the University in various capacities, of which includes his time serving on the Young Alumni Board. Kevin has demonstrated his commitment to his profession by earning the Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) and the Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP) designations. Kevin and his beautiful wife, Chelsey, make their home in Layton Utah, where they have chosen to raise their three children, Maverick, Hazel and Scarlett. Kevin is actively involved in his church and when he finds a few extra minutes enjoys going for a run, backyard campfires, and watching college football.
Waddell & Reed is not affiliated with any other entities referenced herein. 08/18